Science Forums

Do you remember...?

Boerseun

I see that sliderules, which were to be one of my contributions, have been mentioned twice in this thread. But the surprising thing is that they are still sold online. Like slide rules? Welcome to Sphere Research's Slide Rule Universe, literally everything about slide rules, sliderules and sliderulers!

But there are two other pre-handheld calculator tools I used briefly.

One was a mechanical calculator: Mechanical Calculators

The other was a plug in calculator that had something like a small monitor built in and could do basic math functions. Desk Electronic Calculators

And then Jean Shepherd on the radio 11:15 to midnight. But then I guess you had to live in the vicinity of New York City. A great story teller - "A Christmas Story" was a compilation of a number of his radio and book efforts. He wrote for, among others, Playboy in the 60's. It's one of the few times I actually read the articles. Jean Shepherd - A Salute to Jean Shepherd

do you remember..

what is your earliest memory from your life..??

my earliest and fondest memory is sitting on my dads knee when he got home from work.. or listening to his workmate pick him up for work in the morning and the sound of the horn going off in the army camp..

I remember when children said "Yes Mam" or "Yes Sir" to every adult, and failing to do so brought a quick reminder of it. :phones:

yup i so remember we used to get the ruler or stick.. i grew up in an army camp uc and yes sir or yes ma'am was the order of every day..

ashley

• 1 month later...