Science Forums

Hey There

Drakon1323

Just wanted to stop by and tell you a little bit about myself. I stumbled upon this site while looking for information on cosmologic and astronomic theories, and i ended up finding a nice place to discuss opinions and ideas.

Anyway, im 27 and from southern New Jersey in the US. ive been in six or eight random places in the eastern US and Canada, but other than that, havent really traveled much. I was born and raised in a modest suburbia outside of Philadelphia, and my education only consists of 13 years (K-12),of catholic school. Needless to say, im not a catholic. :) I had gotten as far as AP physics, calculus, government/politics, and english, but have been far beyond out of practice. I do try to always learn something or better myself in some way. (i have a very long way to go.)

Im a libra-scorpio and i have developed what i believe is a decent moral code that i try to follow. The best way to describe my religious subscription is solitary non-traditional atheistic wiccan. I believe in the forces of nature and energy in many forms but look at it with a scientific eye. I dont believe in organized religion or supreme beings. I will explain something if it is pertinant but think that religion is for you to figure out on your own and i will not try to persuade others that i am right or someone else is wrong. If it drives you to be a better person, i wont condemn it.

Although I dont condone it, i do believe that there is such a thing as a responsible drug user. (i originally heard george carlin say this but i very much agree.) These people are literally one in a million though. I have a few querks about my personality including mild cases of OCD, ADHD, and paranoia, either caused or accentuated by erradic sleeping patterns. I do have enough self-awareness to usually determine the difference between reality and overactive thought. I also, through life, have grown to be slightly bitter yet try to remain mostly optomistic about things. Plus i have wondered at what point in time did mediocrity become quality.

I like computers, art, coffee, chocolate, cooking, driving, auto mechanics, dragons, bunnies, cats, (i have a pet bunny, named 'Bunnie') building things, snowflakes, Garfield , cowboy hats, and video games. My friends call me Antney or Twan (or hippie). Drak is also good, ;) Ill pretty much answer to anything.

I think ive rambled on long enough. I hope i wraped up my persona well and i will leave the rest up to your imagination. Thanks for welcoming me to your community, i wish you all well and hope this meeting will benifit us all equally.

-drakon

I was born and raised in a modest suburbia outside of Philadelphia, and my education only consists of 13 years (K-12),of catholic school. Needless to say, im not a catholic. :)

One for our Resident Atheist member Freethinker to comment upon. :)

Warm welcomes to you, Drakon.

Drakon, maybe you can check out our discussion in the Watercooler, about the HCNA05. We're planning a convention in May, complete with people from both Europe and Canada, right there in your back yard. Hopefully, we can get enough people in that area interested as well, and have a nice little gathering.

Also, WELCOME to the Forums. Sorry, I've been a bit busy lately, but am really looking forward to your posts!