Science Forums

Permit me to introduce myself

hefner

Hi all. I hope I don't step on anyone's toes while I'm here, but no doubt I will. That's because I am just about the brightest light of all Earthlings. I don't clamor after worldly success or even knowledge (the more you learn, the less you know). I am delighted that my time is my own, and I have no boss, and I have a lovely and VERY sweet wife.

My only goals in life have been to achieve a few modest goals and then get the hell OUT, and STAY out for good -- no afterlife for me!! I eschew mysticism ( and that DOESN'T mean I don't believe in it).

It took me an awful long time, and much frustration, to finally grasp RELATIVITY, but now I have. I don't need to master all the picayune tensor mathematics and whatnot; as I am delighted to just thoroughly understand the basics. Special Relativity is the purist end of things, while General Relativity makes a lot of expedient compromises in order to arrive at useful descriptors of the Universe as a whole. Speeds higher than lightspeed are UNDEFINED in my view, and that's that.

Anyway, to grasp relativity -- that was my final goal in life. Now ALL of my goals are achieved and I'll be passing along sooner or later. I hope I don't step on too many toes here, but I almost surely will.

My real name is Ken and I live in West Virginia, USA. Yes, I think pretty highly of myself, and the World disagrees. Tough!

Anyway, to grasp relativity -- that was my final goal in life. Now ALL of my goals are achieved and I'll be passing along sooner or later.

Well, at least I'll hand you our coveted "Most Shameless Self-introuctory Post" award. :)

I hope I don't step on too many toes here, but I almost surely will.

Just make sure you read our FAQ before we ban you, okay? :)