Science Forums

Disaster Fund Donation

Tormod

i have read it. I replied to you didn't I?

A month ago, there was a terrible flood on the east coast. two weeks later, the tsunami struck on the west coast. Luckily, I'm on the south coast! The seas are very calm over here as it is protected by Java and Singapore...

Anyway, Malaysia is not one of the worse off. 70 died, about 1000 families homeless. The problem over here is the bureucracy and corruption of malay politics. Any aid is put aside until a politician comes along to distribute them for more publicity. Except if you go through Mercy Malaysia. There was a police cordon in Penang after the strike where many came to help including the military with all the wrenches and cranes. Too bad the negotations took so long until they could enter.

i have read it. I replied to you didn't I?

Nope, I didn't get any responses. But I am incredibly glad that you are ok. Also, would you consider possibly doing a story for Hypography, detailing your personal account of the tsunami, and the after-effects? If so, write something up and send it to me, either PM or e-mail.

Thanks, Tinny. Glad to have you back!

but i can get some news on the tsunami from malaysia's sources.

That would be great. I think Irish's point is that we only hear the US/European news and little (if nothing) from sources on your end. Would be interesting to hear some accounts of the tsunami as seen from where it actually happened.