Science Forums

Art Gallery

Turtle

are you going to do an escher-like pattern?

Mr. Turtle is an expert at tessellations! Please do!

Gapless,

Buffy

Just the kind o' talk that belongs in an artists' weight room! My deepest longest genuflection in your direction O' Slayer (and your minions;) ) for this new facility.

What comes to mind is that what makes Escher, Escher-esque, is rather a complex topic. There is quite a nice book out there which not only catalogues M.C.'s work, but biographical material as well. I seem to recall he was asked if he considered himself a mathematician or an artist, and that his answer was somewhat cagey & involved but tended to put him on the artist side. Still, he classified all the possible planar symmetrys on his own before mainstream mathematics had codified them.

I do draw inspiration from Maurits, but I think any Escher-esqueness in my art is simply serendipitous. For one thing, he liked drawing figures, architecture, and plants far more than I. I have tried my hand at tesselating figures; here's one of bears.

Yippeee!!! Better photos of the art and all else of the still-grabbed-from-video kind! I don't have my own computer, but good ol' Ace who lets me use this one has just added a DV card & I can now upload larger/clearer images.

Compare this still with that in post #27. :hyper:

:turtle: This is beautiful beyond description, dear Turtle! The pattern is mesmerising, while the lovely colours are so soothing. I'm keeping the pictures open on my computer all day, so I can glance at them every now and again when I need a break from work.

The tesselation of bears (among my favourite animals) is also gorgeous!

:eek: This is beautiful beyond description, dear Turtle! The pattern is mesmerising, while the lovely colours are so soothing. I'm keeping the pictures open on my computer all day, so I can glance at them every now and again when I need a break from work.

The tesselation of bears (among my favourite animals) is also gorgeous!

Ahhh Chacmool, Flower of South Africa! My pleasure measure is at the square of yours. :) [Chacmool:) ^2] Now mind you I don't know which, but you have either motivated my inspiration or inspired my motivation. By authority I have vested in myself, I dub the abstract work subtitle, Chacmool's Blues & affirm the piece will be so inscribed. :rolleyes:

Coming from the trades to this art business, I only know time & materials. Actual time working since starting in Feb. is 52 hours; cost of materials to date ~$32 US. This collage technique is about 6-times as fast as painting with acryllics...I likee. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Mr. Turtle is an expert at tessellations! Please do!

Gapless,

Buffy

Lest I forget another kind lady and her help in choosing colors, and unless she has another suggestion, I am inclined to title this abstract piece below "Sleigher's Palette". I have my doubts that even a professional photograph of this could do it justice.

acrylic paint on stretched canvas 24"x24": time, 36 hours :materials ~$34 US

...I am inclined to title this abstract piece below "Sleigher's Palette"....acrylic paint on stretched canvas 24"x24": time, 36 hours :materials ~$34 US
...enjoying a pretty picture on a sunny Friday afternoon: priceless!

Its beeyootiful, Mr. Turtle!

He knows when you are sleeping, :cup:

Buffy

...enjoying a pretty picture on a sunny Friday afternoon: priceless!

Its beeyootiful, Mr. Turtle!

He knows when you are sleeping, :D

Buffy

We are pleased. ;) :cup:

I have some plans starting to formulate for another 5'x3' collage in the colors red, blue, and white, to honor all countries with flags of those colors. I see though I am blind. :hihi: :D

Ahhh Chacmool, Flower of South Africa! My pleasure measure is at the square of yours. :) [Chacmool:) ^2] Now mind you I don't know which, but you have either motivated my inspiration or inspired my motivation. By authority I have vested in myself, I dub the abstract work subtitle, Chacmool's Blues & affirm the piece will be so inscribed. :eek_big:

Thank you, dearest Turtle! This is such an incredible honour! :D

Whoa!! Mirror fractals???!

I want to do that!

Hi Orbsycli,

I call the second one "Tree of Man"

The set of images below show how to recreate the images. Unfortunately you will probably require the exact same hardware to produce these images. The images were captured at what could be considered as a Poincare section of a photon loop normalised along the time dimension. It's a bit like a Lorenz Attractor plot where the calcs don't go to the extremes and are fuzzed out by the optical and electronic lag (i.e. close to full circle not a convoluted one).

It's surprising what you can get when you change 3 angles and the distance, from the view horizon and then add one or two mirrors (no smoke involved).

I'll add another couple of posts with the remaining images.

Chaos is purely nature in action,

first find that correct butterfly,

and you can make anything happen.

Anti chaos is also quite easy to do,

first find that correct butterfly,

and then say boo.

post-3731-128210096112_thumb.jpg

post-3731-128210096114_thumb.jpg

post-3731-128210096115_thumb.jpg

post-3731-128210096116_thumb.jpg

Here's the next 5 images, you'll like no 3.

No 4 is created by quickly pressing your finger on the screen. The orb expands into a pure Einstein Ring with a neat ripple running around the inside.

In No 5 you cannot see my finger placed on the screen on the edge of the orb.

No 6 shows what happens if your camera is too close or too far away (I'm not sure which)

post-3731-128210096117_thumb.jpg

post-3731-128210096119_thumb.jpg

post-3731-12821009612_thumb.jpg

post-3731-128210096122_thumb.jpg

post-3731-128210096123_thumb.jpg

Those are all absolutely amazing...and am going to need another 20 years before I can understand it's function :fluffy:

with that said, here's a hoard of old sketches I'd like to share with you guys (before it touches the flame)

P.s. Ever tried burning a pastel piece?

Pastel beautifully melts when it burns...

If you don't understand what magick is, just look at my sketches.

That is a direct example of a projection of my psyche that I transcended with time.

Another example of magick is what happens in your mind when you look at the visions.

Enjoyish, peace for now

post-829-128210096146_thumb.jpg

post-829-128210096149_thumb.jpg