Science Forums

Art Gallery

Turtle

Most definitely.

I'm going to study it and try to replicate the mandala on my drum.

I will definitely, with many smiles, explain to everyone who becomes entranced that it was not I who compiled the shapes, but Turtle, my digital friend.

Together, we art god

wow !! I love your work. I can see a beak, and eyes!

The more I look at it the more I doubt I will be able to transcend your vision onto my drum....

I'll just keep it in mind, and burn it into my Ret Nah

Most definitely.

I'm going to study it and try to replicate the mandala on my drum.

Two options come to mind:

1) I give you step-by-step instructions to reproduce it

2) Print out a copy enlarged to fit your drum-head and then use carbon paper to transfer the design.

I will definitely, with many smiles, explain to everyone who becomes entranced that it was not I who compiled the shapes, but Turtle, my digital friend.

Together, we art god

I wish for nothing more than to be famously anonymous. :hot:

wow !! I love your work. I can see a beak, and eyes!

The more I look at it the more I doubt I will be able to transcend your vision onto my drum....

I'll just keep it in mind, and burn it into my Ret Nah

namaste :shrug: :shrug: :lol:

If the step by step instructions aren't too bothersome I would really get a kick out of it. Whenever you have time, I'll be here suckin it all up.

check out the silly picture in my profile

One thought on drawing it step-by-step on the drum > since it requires a compass which might puncture the head, I wouldn't recommend it. So whether you draw your own 12-lobed vesica piscis flower, or use mine, I still suggest carbon paper to transfer the pattern to the drum head.

Here are the instructions for a single petal; to reproduce the flower, make 12 petals around a common center with their long axes spaced every 30º.

(Click for full-size view)

:note2: :hyper:

gratzi. will post upon completion.

Strange!...I seem to have lost a post ammending the instructions!! Curioser & curiouser. :shrug:

At any rate, I left 4 lines out which you need to add to the generator petal. From the drawing below, draw lines IG, GF, FH, and HI on top of your result from the previous destructions. (Note: the lines are not shown in the drawing, only the endpoints.) :turtle:

Oh thank you, I was unaware.

You know how randon a spirt of creativity can be . .

I've got my compas on my floor near my light and all my music. When it's time to think with shapes this will be my project. Project!

Thank you for sharing a trillionth of your soul.

One man's synapses is another mans key.

I have been working on an abstract collage since the first week of February, and I'm still a few weeks from even being done, let alone finished. The piece is a construct of tissue paper triangles in some of blue's hues. I'm gluing the pieces down with thinned gesso, and then I will coat it all with a product I just found called Mod Podge. I used raw canvas, washed and stretched with pins while still damp; size is 3 feet by 5 feet. :) :turtle:

Mod podge is awesome. Your collage looks psychedelic as ****

***ing A! Thanks man. :cup: The damn thing has taken on a life of its own, and changes mood as it grows as well as with the light and angle & distance I view it from. I like the technique and in order to get all the blues I got a butt-load of other colors as well. I have applied roughly 2,000 individual pieces so far. :doh: Oh, the silver stuff isn't part of the work. It's just a mylar space-blanket I put up to keep the wall from molding or gluing the canvas to the wall.

Do you ever thin the Mod Podge? It doesn't say anything on the label about thinning. :eek: I may use it as the glue on the next collage rather than the gesso, but I don't want to switch midstream on this piece. :hihi: :turtle:

The pic above is from video I have been making of the construction. After each session of 10 to 20 pieces applied I shoot a few frames. I have about 1 1/4 minutes so far.

Here's a close-up; each piece is a little over an inch on a side. I didn't do any lay out lines, so I'm getting this 'organic' look up-close with cracks opening and closing and overlaps lapping & unlapping as I proceed row-by-row. The paper wrinkles and or shrinks as well. It should be displayed so it can be viewed from at least 20 feet away and then walked up on. Handholds may be a good idea too, as it has a tendency to induce vertigo. :shrug:

Yippeee!!! Better photos of the art and all else of the still-grabbed-from-video kind! I don't have my own computer, but good ol' Ace who lets me use this one has just added a DV card & I can now upload larger/clearer images.

Compare this still with that in post #27. :)

are you going to do an escher-like pattern?