Science Forums

Art Gallery

Turtle

Coming soon to a terminal near you. :magic:

Edit: I cringe when artists talk about their work, but the art world laps that kinda' pablum up like it was their mother's milk so here's a feeding of it.

The tiling below I call 'Tortis Crux', a play on the Latin 'tortus' meaning twisted as well as the root of 'turtle'. It is then the 'twisted cross'. I came on the idea when touring the Maryhill Art Museum in Washington State, wherin there is (was?) a large collection of pieces that belonged to a Queen of Romania or some such. At any rate, Queeny had a symbol carved, woven, painted etcetera onto (into?) her Queenly possessions that very much resembles the Tortis Crux, but it's pointy on the ends, has different proportions, and does not tile the plane. I made a drawing of it at the museum and later reworked it to make the tile you see. I like it because it never existed before I made it, it dangerously resembles a swastika, and it has a large number of possible colorings.

Burp! :lol: :heks: :confused: :hihi:

mind boggling tesselation. . . I've been starring at it for at least 4 minutes now just spacing out and thinking. I love your artwork, man.

Beautiful, Turtle! I like how I switch from seeing arrowheads pointing towards each other, to seeing crosses. Excellent.

Today 04:20 PM

Mammies! No sweeter milk for an artist than that from artists. Where's Basquiat when you need him to write 'teat' in paint on your tesselation? Someone has played an organ & this monkey's bound to dance. :hihi: :thumbs_up

Hell yeah. The mandala of posession.

The only possession in regard to that image that comes to mind is my copyright. :) :turtle: The basis for the outline is my 12-petaled vesica piscis flower.

As a technical point, in my opinion a better fitting metaphysical word is 'yantra' rather than 'mandala' for this particular image. But then I just create the stuff and I'll leave it to you all to say what it is. ;) :P