[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

Here is a series of quantifiable facts. While I don't necessarily doubt the veracity of them, I do think that it is your responsibility, as per the rules of this forum, to provide sources for these facts, or what data you used to form these statements.

Googled them. All of them arguable.

Arguable - definition of arguable

Garry W. Denke

Geologist/Geophysicist

Okay, so the graph (culled from this data: Adherents.com: Atheist Statistics | Agnostic *notice the wide spread of possible percentages*) shows us that the US has a lot of people who believe in God. But what does that have to do with any of the facts for which I asked for data?
in disagreement with most all the listed facts, there is nothing that cannot be found on one google search in GW. certainly i would hope any person seriously interested in the subject, should have a basic knowledge of the pros or cons to an opinion, especially if formed...

a couple disagreements;

the US contributes about 25% of the *man made* CO2 and near to this in other harmful elements into the atmosphere. this happens to be about .0125 and 1/5th of trace amounts of the .045 total of CO2 and trace amounts of methane and other elements, that are in the atmosphere. the US in turn produces larger amounts of food, feed, meat (all kinds) and products than all of Africa and per capita any other nation. parts, natural resources and many things are shipped for production or use of many things that give comfort to people around the world.

China today (not last century) has the lowest birth rates of any nation at about 1.5 per couple, the US about 2 and Africa about 2.7 to give some comparisons. people move to urban areas in the US, or any country for jobs.

jobs create wealth and wealth is perceived something good and worth the efforts. no body is being squeezed by deserts, oceans or for that matter any other reason. they choose and this to is a good thing.

relates to above; where i live in SE New Mexico, there are 20 towns abandoned or what we call ghost towns. it doesn't take a scientist to figure this out, the people moved. drifting sand is a problem is Yuma Arizona and most of the mid east. sand storms are common and were around before, during and will be after were gone.

crop lands in the US are greatly reduce over the past 50 years, in many places because there is simply no reason to farm 100 ac. of something, competing with a commercial operation in Wyoming or California can dedicate 10000 ac. to the same item and harvest at 1/2 or less the cost per ac...and i wont go into just how much more per ac. is produced today than those 50 year ago figures.

i would love to get into peak oil, but will save for another day...by the way, i oppose the notion that man is causing GW, but have seen every quote many times.

See, pgrmdave? All of them arguable.

Garry W. Denke

Geologist/Geophysicist

He prolly wants to sell his Last Judgment idea. This has been sold in some form or another for thousands of years now, with every generation 'living in the Last Days'. It hasn't changed, and doesn't seem like it'll change soon, either. But for at least 2,000 years, every doomcaller have been proven demonstrably wrong. After all, we're still here, aren't we?

These are the 'Last Days' before the universal polar-flip,

no 'Doom' in store for us though, Boerseun,

the 'First Days' after the universal polar-flip rest ahead.

Too bad, 'Doom' would reduce Population.

Garry W. Denke

Geologist/Geophysicist

Garry Denke, I asked for information backing up some of those claims in your first post. Provide them, as they are currently in violation of the first rule on our rules page: In general, back up your claims by using links or references.

I expect that you will soon post links to data confirming these facts.

Actually Boerseun,

You are agreeing with the points of these folks:

Why Population Matters of WOA!! World Population Awareness

Credit where credit is due and all...

See, pgrmdave? They're not my claims.

Garry W. Denke

Geologist/Geophysicist

Garry, unfortunately that article is only available for premium subscribers. Could you describe what's in the article for us?
Earth's magnetic field reversals mimicked in the lab

Every few hundred thousand years or so, the Earth's north and south magnetic poles switch places. No one knows what triggers these geomagnetic field reversals, but a team in France has now reproduced them in the lab. Michaël Berhanu of the École Normale Supérieure in Paris and his co-workers have spun enough molten sodium to fill a small bathtub in a copper cylinder at many revolutions per second. This provided a rough simulation of the Earth's spinning core of molten iron. Electrical currents that are produced spontaneously in these swirling liquid metals set up a magnetic field in a process known as dynamo action. The same principles are used in industrial dynamos to create electricity, by moving metal wires through a magnetic field. Although it has been known for some time that turbulent motions in the Earth's core create the geomagnetic field this way, the details of how that happens still aren't clear. In particular, geomagnetic reversals remain puzzling. Our magnetic poles have, in the past, faded away and then re-emerged upside down. These events are recorded in magnetic sedimentary rocks, which reveal the strength and direction of the prevailing field when it was formed. But no one knows why the reversals occurred when they did.

In a spin

To try to understand this behaviour, scientists have in the past attempted to make an artificial geodynamo in the laboratory. In 2000 they succeeded partly, when a team working at Riga in Latvia span a cylinder of molten sodium and found that it generated a magnetic field by dynamo action. But this field stayed static — it didn't flip like the Earth's. The experiment done in France is very similar. It consists of a cylindrical chamber filled with liquid sodium that is stirred by two iron plates at each end, rotating in opposite directions. Sodium is used because it is highly electrically conducting, relatively lightweight, and melts at just 98 °C. The spinning disks make the molten metal highly turbulent, which generates a field aligned with the rotation axis of the chamber. When the disks were spun at equal but opposite rates, this field stayed constant. But if the rotation rates were different, the behaviour was more complex, says Stéphan Fauve, group leader at the École Normale Supérieure. "This means that there is overall rotation of the entire contents," he says, "which mimics the spinning of the Earth". Under these conditions the magnetic field switches polarity apparently at random, typically every minute or so. It happens just as it happens to the Earth, with the field declining slowly to zero and then reappearing quickly in the opposite orientation. They find that one field orientation persists more often than the other, presumably because of a bias introduced by the Earth's magnetic field. The reversals seem to happen when the energy needed to spin the driving disks — which varies because the turbulence of the liquid produces a variable amount of friction — is lower than average. Whereas some theories of geomagnetic reversals have postulated that they are triggered by events outside the core, such as changes in the sluggish, convective circulation of the Earth's mantle, Fauve says that their experiment shows such nudges aren't necessary to induce a reversal. "We don't need any external trigger," he says.

Bye pgrmdave et al

Garry W. Denke

Geologist/Geophysicist

Right, Gary you sound like a black American religious preacher of the Last Judgement, I find your statements off the wall. You don't really make sense and have a knack for not backing up your statements and half-fulfil them when your asked, you shouldn't have to be asked. Had to say that as I was getting quite frustrated reading what you wrote.As per your first article, you haven't backed it up and make paragraphs as I was getting lost many a time.

If the Greenland ice sheet should melt, it would force the abandonment of thousands of coastal cities and communities.

You say this but it's a big If, like when is this if ever going to happen. Shoulds and If's cause worry upon people. Here's one " If I were too become a dictator I would be a good one", like people who know me know it's never going to happen, but it's always an if.

I agree with the ongoing desertification but deforestation is just a big problem also that you didn't discuss. I can't see desertification being reduced dramatically at all, but maybe controlled to some extent in some areas.

What's this last sentence for, it's quite spooky ( just like half of the stuff you wrote):

Vote for, not against, The Last Judgment, today. Thank you.

How can you possibly vote for something that's I thought inevitable to occur?