Science Forums

Social Sciences

nWorld

I think that most of the examples you list (sociology, political science, economics, anthro, psychology, etc.) are dealt with in the Philosophy/Humanities threads. They are not necessarily labelled as such, but most of the discussions within P/H fall within those categories. However, your suggestion is greatly appreciated, and we will look into giving specific names to certain threads, in an effort to more clearly define what should be discussed within each topic.

Also, WELCOME to Hypography!! We're glad that you have decided to join, and to become an active (read that as "posting") member. If you have any questions that are not answered by the FAQ, please feel free to ask them! Also, please consider filling in your bio, to include what state/country in which you live, as well as your year of birth. This better helps the rest of us get a sense of 'who' you are. :)

• 2 weeks later...

hello everybody. yeah, a social science one would be good. Just that most of us are bent on cosmology and modern physics. not many would be interested in social sciences. Like the one on Operant conditioning and the Tabula Rasa stuff. It turned out to be only me and FreeT. nobody else bothered to chirp in.

I think it is probably because they are not really concrete, verfiable facts. More like conjectures and mentalism. And so when people hound you to prove them by reducing those facts to basic interactions betweem the basic forces and subatomic particles, it is simply beyond your ability. And thus, is deemed useless.

Tinny! Happy new year, good to hear from you!

I think we could survive having a social sciences forums. There are things like psychology and social economy and, er, other fields I vaguely remember from university. We just need to find someone who would be interested in running such a section...

• 2 weeks later...