Science Forums

Hcna05

IrishEyes

And what ever happened to finding a Van Morrison concert?

Irish, you were in charge of that!

Yeah, well trying to figure out when the Man is ever going to be on tour has been a BIG disappointment. I'm on who-knows-how-many mailing lists, and they usually seem to post dates after the fact. Doesn't help a whole lot.

I think we are going for NYC because Tormod and Yvonne have both expressed interest in going, it's easy for me to get there, Tim is just down the road, and alexander is very close as well. That's 5 of us. Since nobody else has expressed any interest besides you, I really don't know what to say. DC would be fine for me, but a little tougher for Tim and alexander. Yvonne and Tormod have both already been there, so it wouldn't really be anything new for them. Plus, NYC is the least expensive for them to fly in to. Those are just a few of the reasons. We can't, of course, rule out the lure of BLOOMINGDALE's!! :)

Seriously though. I do not see the facination with NYC. Unless we are timing it for some specific happenings/ plays/ other local event. Costs and activities would seem much better at other locations.

There is a price issue here. Getting from Europe to NYC or Washington, DC, is MUCH cheaper than going to Vegas, Houston, Chicago, or even SF or LA.

Eight days, huh? Well, I'll take whatever I can get!

Sounds perfect for me. As most everyone else hasn't responded with any bad dates, and yu guys will be travelling the farthest, I think it's only fair that we make things easy for you.

Well, besides that your husband IS the site editor and all.

So, the dates for the First annual Hypography Convention, HCNA05, will be.... either 14-16, or 20-22. YOU decide, Yvonne. Whichever one works best for you and Tormod will work just fine for us.

Eight days, huh? Well, I'll take whatever I can get!.
Actually, we have babysitters from May 9 to May 18, and if necessary until May 23.

Looking at airfare, it seems it is cheaper the earlier we go. I've found a flight which leaves on May 9 and returns on May 21, but it's almost $1700 so we need to tweak the dates to find the best possible flight.

So I suggest we aim for the 14-16 dates. The later weekend seems to push the prices up at least $200 (probably start of high season for students and early-bird summer vacations).

Just to say that I can't make it to attend this convention (no holidays, no money and not very ecologic to fly that far just for a week-end), but I hope I will attend the HC??06.

Indeed, very ecological compared to flying a space shuttle.

Seriously, let's make the HC?06 happen "over here". And the HC?07 should be in Asia! :)

HCE06 in Italy.

HCA07 in Malaysia???

Anyhow, as you now have tickets, we need to do some serious planning. I do believe a new thread is in order, just to keep things easily understandable. Please direct your attention to the "HCNA05 - Who do you want to see?" thread.

And just a word of advice... if you don't help us plan this, then you'll be stuck doing whatever we decide to do...