Science Forums

Funny sounding words and phrases

TheBigDog

It always happens when I least expect it. Perhaps it is a sign of immaturity, or perhaps it is an overactive funny bone, but there are some words and phrases that when I hear them I always have a chuckle to myself. I will start it off with two from the world of foods...

Beef Stroganoff

Pulled Pork

I always giggle when I hear these. I guess it might get lost in translation. :) In some ways I will always be 13 years old. I await the many similar entries from my South African buddy.

Bill

Not only do I pity every fellow called "Richard", but I positively crack myself up whenever they're referred to as "Dick". I actually met a guy (one of the middle managers) at my previous company called Richard Johnson. I kid you not!

Makes me think of a newsphoto I saw a while ago with Dick Cheney and George Bush poking each other in the ribs with stupid grins on their faces. Speech bubbles were inserted, and it was photoshopped to give GWB a T-shirt saying 'METALLICA', and Cheney a shirt saying 'IRON MAIDEN'. And the speech bubbles were classic Beavis and Butthead, saying "huh...huh... you said Bush!" and the other one saying "huh...huh...you said Dick! huh...huh...huh"

Quite funny.

Also, the name 'Llewellyn' makes me crack up.

Not only do I pity every fellow called "Richard", but I positively crack myself up whenever they're referred to as "Dick". I actually met a guy (one of the middle managers) at my previous company called Richard Johnson. I kid you not!

There's a guy at my work called Richard Head. :)

For me it's "cranium", and sadly, when I hear "uranus" I can't quite think of the plannet...