Science Forums

Minesweeper

Jay-qu

• 3 weeks later...

Well, sorry to dissappoint, but I did Beginer in 2 seconds once. I know you probably won't believe it, but sometimes when the mines are in the right positions and your quick enough it's possible, as for intermediate and advanced, forget my scores for them.

I am going through a minesweeper phase...So people what are you times?...

I haven't played MineSweeper much since 1995, when I was "working" at the VA and had way too much time on my hands. But I used the opportunity to advance my Excel skills, by creating a database of my MineSweeper scores, and constructing histograms and traveling averages. I only tracked the scores of the Big Default board; I didn't mess with the Medium and Small versions. I stopped tracking my scores after 100 (won) games. I tracked all winning scores, not throwing out any.

My lowest score was 178.

My Moving Average (over the last 16 games) dipped below 250 seconds.

My Total Average for all 100 games was 287.

The scores for my first three games were 455, 461 and 404. My worst score was on game 8: 474.

My Moving Average (over the previous 16 games) dropped below 300 seconds on the 49th game, and stayed below 300 thereafter.

My Total Average (over all games) dropped below 300 seconds on the 78th game, and stayed below 300 thereafter.

Out of 100 games, I had 18 games under 240 seconds (four minutes).

My lowest score was 178.

My Moving Average (over the last 16 games) dipped below 250 seconds.

My Total Average for all 100 games was 287.

The scores for my first three games were 455, 461 and 404. My worst score was on game 8: 474.

My Moving Average (over the previous 16 games) dropped below 300 seconds on the 49th game, and stayed below 300 thereafter.

My Total Average (over all games) dropped below 300 seconds on the 78th game, and stayed below 300 thereafter.

Out of 100 games, I had 18 games under 240 seconds (four minutes).

Meticilous detail about an individual's mediocre performance in a pesky game proves two things:

1) You excel in capturing data concerning Freecell, but

2) You suck at it.

;)

I wonder if it's Bulls or what he's actually good with :):)

Well, as I'm not of english mother-tongue I don't get all the double senses. but I'm curious what is it here?

And well done Jay, keep up the hard work.By the way do you use the middle button?

You can send me a pm and I promise you won't be banned:rolleyes:

I'm also serious send me a pm, i never stop to learn. You know when I went in exchange to Australia on the second day at highschool some guys found it funny to teach me all the bad words nowI had a break of such words for about 8 years, so it is time to learn some new more evolved things.

These are the words of a man in desperate need of a hobby! ;)

well arent you the thread party pooper! whats the matter cant you finish expert? :)

You can actually get freeware off the computer to change your scores....looks like Jay-Qu might have done that.:)..whistle,...whistle.....whistle...:)

Its called a jpg... compression changes the colours - seriously what would i gain from lying and if I was I would lie about a much lower score!

And well done Jay, keep up the hard work.By the way do you use the middle button?

Yup :lol:

Wot's the middle button do, then? :confused:

I know left click clears a contiguous field, right click marks, and left and right together when clicked in an open spot clears all the blocks around the marked mines in a 1-block radius around you.

But I've never heard of the middle button doin' anything?

• 2 months later...