Science Forums

What are you listening to right now?

Boerseun

I am astonished. I suspect that members of hypography all consider themselves somewhat superior to the thundering herd yet all you say you listen to is contemporary pop music (with the one exception - the Moonshine sonata) that probably will be totally forgotten within fifty years or so (i.e. as soon as the baby boomers are all extinct).

This is about the same order of magnitude as everybody admitting that all they ever read is low grade comic books.

Shame. Shame.

I am astonished. I suspect that members of hypography all consider themselves somewhat superior to the thundering herd yet all you say you listen to is contemporary pop music (with the one exception - the Moonshine sonata) that probably will be totally forgotten within fifty years or so (i.e. as soon as the baby boomers are all extinct).

This is about the same order of magnitude as everybody admitting that all they ever read is low grade comic books.

Shame. Shame.

And shame on you for for referring to the Moonlight Sonata as the "Moonshine Sonata".:) Really, what a pompous post.

I don't think Hypography members consider themselves superior to anyone - we're here from all walks of life to discuss science.

There's nothing wrong with contemporary pop music. It's not a lower grade form of music at all. Some fantastic artists have given us pop music - The Beatles, The Beach Boys, The Byrds, The Kinks, Carole King - people who have paved the way for the musicians of today.

Did you realise that Heavy metal and rock have also been listed by members?

And I think classical music has the potential to last through the ages.

I listen to a wide range of music, but typically I prefer classic rock. However, I do enjoy baroque and romantic (can't stand most classical), and I like swing and big band as well. I also enjoy some punk rock, some (lighter) metal, some rap/hip hop (not much, but I do like Eminem), and modern band music (Jack Stamp is great, and Frank Ticheli is okay, even if he only writes one basic song over and over again).

Well heres one a little different, when doing homework I like to have non-lyrical music.

Beethovan Symphony no. 6 - Allegro ma non Troppo.

Headbangin' to Beethoven? You nerd, you! :)

Currently, the hifi is pumpin' away "The Magician's Birthday" by Uriah Heep. Headbangworthy!