Science Forums

What are you listening to right now?

Boerseun

Hrrrrmmm, yet another track that makes being a bassist much enjoyable. 

Danke schönn. I gotta get sumpin' right once't n' a while. Bolero a no-go then? :lol: Well a pox an' halo o' flies on ya then! ;)

You silly, you know dang well how much I adore orchestral music....especially when there's a goodly amount of strings. (rather generous amount of cello I must say, even if it is rather repetitious) :D

Is't in my head may it now be stuck in yours.

Edited by DFINITLYDISTRUBD

Hrrrrmmm, yet another track that makes being a bassist much enjoyable. 

You silly, you know dang well how much I adore orchestral music....especially when there's a goodly amount of strings. (rather generous amount of cello I must say, even if it is rather repetitious) :D

Is't in my head may it now be stuck in yours.

snip...

:lol: I'm gonna have tuh flush my carraneum wit a good ol' fugueum. Out damn spot!

Damn car commercials :P (I haven't so much as thought of this song for nearly three decades) This song was easy on the ears in the tail end of the seventies...still really easy on the ears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA2M8-csDDg

and of course seeing this I had to give it a listen as well...but, only because I like his work with Bela Fleck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZKn7UcnnAw

Edited by DFINITLYDISTRUBD

It's always interesting to see what others are listening to. It tells you something of them! We've been posting here for years now, but this is one aspect of each other we have very little knowledge of. So, whatever's on your hi-fi as we speak, put it down here!

These days I stream Pandora on shuffle, so it picks randomly from all the stations I have setup. Mostly that means we're hearing hair metal, heavy metal, or classic rock. Right now it's Ozzy.

Well, it's been fun boys and girls, Erring on the side of caution here, my time here may be extremely limited in the days to come because of work obligations. I may have to relocate to points east of where I currently live. Negotiations are still going on, so this may be subject to change.

I first heard this song in a library in Weisbaden Germany in the spring of '83. I was an expat of sorts.(Headphones were provided) When it finished, I took the headphones off and heard guitar playing coming through an open window where I was sitting. I asked the person sitting 2 seats down from me,where that was coming from. (The person playing was very good). She said he's a local artist who practices every weekend and that's it's always a fun hangout. I said "You wanna"? Those were good times back then.  

I don't why exactly, but I always seem to "re-find" this song when changes in my own life are taking place. 

This is a very good forum guys. :bow: Hope to see you soon. 

• 4 weeks later...

"Camisado" by Panic! At the Disco.

I love PATD! I'm pretty impressed with the diversity of music tastes in this thread! I love everything from Jazz to Chill to Classical to Trance to good ole Blues to Grunge and pretty much everything else in between. Except for "new" Country. For some reason, that just doesn't resonate with me. Currently playing : Beach Ball by Lemongrass.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I was listening to this song and wrote what it reminded me of:

Ride like the wind!

This song reminds me of taking a long trip on a big V4 motorcycle, V-Max, it stands up on it's center stand chrome sparkling in the street lights, it has a physical presence almost deadly, it radiates power, four chromed exhausts a huge 1800cc V4 just waiting for you to climb up and wrap your legs around it.The music plays in the back of your mind as you climb aboard, the machine feels like a part of you, not something you ride but something you become, you turn the ignition key and press the starter button, and the instant of throaty roar like a dragon newly awoken speaks but then it settles down to a mild pitty pat as each cylinder counts off, the leather set feels soft as butter under you as you rock forward to take the beast off it's center stand, the tires finally grip the pavement, you can almost feel it's desire to go, to grab the road and put the pavement behind it. A quick blip of the throttle and the dragon roars again, anxious to be let loose on the world. You engage first gear and slowly motor down to the highway, making sure the way is clear but a car is coming, some poor soul locked in a cage, never to know the thrill of what you are getting ready to let loose. Instead of waiting for him to pass you pull out and whack the throttle full on, smoke begins to pour off the rear tire as the front tire lifts off the pavement and slowly settles down as you hit 2nd gear and 60 MPH, the poor guy in the cage left behind in a cloud of smoke. Cowboys of old had nothing on you!!!