Science Forums

The Hypo TGIF Thread

Tormod

• 4 weeks later...
Finally, Friday!!!

Why not take some time to get rid of this week's pile of work to do with this handy USB shredder?

:) You have a fascination with those USB devices eh mate?

I personally love USB connections. My new phone has a mini USB connection so I can charge it on my laptop, access it through my laptop, extract pictures from my digi, and charge/change my mp3 player all from one cable! :eek: :)

This Friday is special for me, as it's my lady's b-day and I have a special itenerary planned for tonight (which involves IMAX).

I purchased a nice Alexandrite ring for her (it has conflict-free diamonds as well) and the store associate pointed out that Alexandrite represents change.

As a rock collector, I have come across such associations often, so without further ado, I offer the following link:

Amazon.com: Love Is in the Earth: A Kaleidoscope of Crystals (Love is in the Earth): Books: Melody,Julianne Guilbault http://www.amazon.com/Love-Earth-Kaleidoscope-Crystals/dp/0962819034/ref=pd_sim_b_4_img/104-1143034-4119918

This book has MANY things going for it.

the author discusses various types of crysyals (clusters, dendric, gateway, generator, manifestation, obelisk, etc).

Then goes on to other sections (acquiring, dedication, cleansing, awakening, charging, programming, meditation, protection, making elixirs, etc).

Then the larger portion of the book is used to list the properties of hundreds of different kinds or stones. The author even goes so far to list the astrological sign, and which number the stones are associated with.

This book is an incredible resource for information about crystals; but I have three little nitpicks.

1. The Author lists the use of salt water to cleanse your crystals on page 54. I do not recommend this method because salt is a corrosive agent, and repeated cleansing in salt water could break down the lattice structure of crystals.

I DO recommend cleansing stones by the following methods.

a. smudging them in the smoke of a purifying herb or incense.

b. placing the crystals in sunlight.

c. burrying them in the ground so the negative energies can be transmuted.

2. I wish the author had listed the hardness of the assorted stones. This way you could use assorted stones of similar hardness so they did not damage one another. It would not be wise to carry a peice of Clear Quartz in a pocket with a peice of Moldavite. Moldavite is only 5.5 on the hardness scale where Quartz is a 7.0, Boji stones are 7.4. Ruby is 9, and Diamond is 10.

3. This book with 700+ pages is quite difficult to hold and read. So I would recommend that you read about the first 100 pages that discusses the assorted types of crystals, programming crystals, cleansing crystals, etc; then set the book on the shelf and use it as a reference guide when you want to find the properties of the assorted crystals as you acquire them.

:)

• 1 month later...

Well, it IZ Friday, after all.

So, I should share some novel websites with my fellow Hypographometers:

For the born-again super-christians among you, I offer this righteous gem.

For those boy scouts among you, who learned to read maps, I offer this tidbit.

There is this interesting bit of internet flotsam. Enjoy.

And finally, as a dessert of the mind, accept this cranial pastry for its sheer hedonistic value.

Bon voyage, Space Fans, where ever you are.

Continuing on the USB sub-theme...

How about a tie?

Or why not use your typing skills to power your very own USB hamster wheel?

It seems pet tags have made the jump to USB.

And here's one that Michaelangelica would love;

A USB speaker disguised as a plastic plant.

And if you miss your pet rock, perhaps you will find comfort in Mr. Tengu.

And who doesn't want easy USB connectivity for their Christmas decorations? Jesus would be proud.

Ever get cold feet while surfing Hypography in the winter months? Try on some of these foot warmers.

And what science buff doesn't want one of these, a USB telescope!

That's enough for now. I'm of to surf around iwantoneofthose.com.

:shrug: