Science Forums

Changes

TINNY

hypography isn't as colorful and cheerful as it was. it has lost its personal touch.

i remember the first time i got to hypography way back in february. it looked so cheerful and fun. And tormod had this cool avatar of the boy with the cap (not quite sure). the new design seems rather dull with everything grey and light blue except the 'H' on the title banner. And looks like any other forums site.

i just felt that i liked the originality of those 'old' days with the personal touch. Anyway, the new design is more sophisticated, organized and clean. Very professional. Should attract more serious minded people.

Talking about the members, many have dissapeared. Noah, demonstar, roberto, Unc, telemad and some recent ones have gone too. And where's Irish?

Nothing to take serously. Just my ramblings. Probably my emotion is slightly disturbed right now.... :D

But this should be a good thread to start people off on giving comments.

Thanks...although I think it has become a livelier site! Not everyone will be happy with everything, of course. The moderators have discussed the possibility of having different styles available. That may well happen over New Year's.

Yes, many have disappeared - but many more have joined or become more active than before. We saw more people disappear after the changes back in May (when the forums where upgraded to a new version) than now. What I'm tryin to do now is to integrate the entire site into one complete, manageable website - currently there are different sections which have completely different looks and backstage tools.

The moderators did not begin their task until October and it does take time to build a team. IrishEyes is probably extremely busy these days, whereas Unc has had to disappear for personal reasons unrelated to Hypography. We are working on solving that problem.

In the four weeks that have gone since we upgraded, almost 2,000 new posts have been posted. That is almost 20% of our total post count. So I think something must have been right. I also notice that discussions are indexed in Google extremely fast now, and traffic has almost doubled.

So while I do not think it is doom and gloom, I do appreciate your input - we need constructive criticism in order to build a better site for everyone.

(And remember...it is Christmas right now - a lot of our users are bound to be busy with Real Life situations).

Besides, Tormod looks so much younger in his avitar now. Not the old guy anymore!

I probably lost my cap somewhere...it is the same picture as before. :D

Seriously...I will look at the logo and see what I can do. The current heading is simply a part of a commercial style and I did not put a lot of effort into it since there were so many things to do before and after the upgrade.

I'm still here TInny!!

I'm trying to get all of your gifts wrapped and mailed out to Malaysia. It takes a while. And they still won't make it before the holidays, but you should get the box in January.

We miss Unc like crazy. Hopefully, with his Christmas present, he'll be a bit more active. We'll just have to wait and see.

I have also noticed that some users have disappeared, while others have gone almost silent. But that's just the way things seem to be on most sites. People come and go, and that's part of the variety that makes things so interesting.

As for the way the site looks, it does look much more sophisticated these days. Much more professional. That's a good thing usually. But if you'd like it to be warmer, please let us know whcih colors would bring that effect. We'll try to incorporate some of your ideas into the new designs Tormod mentioned.

Hope your Christmas is merry and bright!

I have uploaded a new header which I've been working on. It's not as slick as the other one but more similar to our old one. I'll keep working on it...comments are welcome.

Like Irish said, there will probably be an option to choose between different styles eventually so hang in for that.

The big threeeeee?

C'mon now, Tinny... I've lost a LOT of weight lately. Freethinker may be big, but not me... :D (Just kidding, Freethinker)

Does anybody really remember a time before 'we three kings' came in and held Tormod's nice little science site captive? It was so peaceful and quiet back then, wasn't it?

*** Irish breaks into a long and rousing rendition of "Those were the Days"********* :D :P :D